Thursday, May 13, 2010

What drives me?

On Open Day a parent asked whether I had trouble with pushy or angry parents. To me it was a funny question. Yes, parents can sometimes have high expectations but I don't have a problem with this. In my experience you only get angry parents if you have really ineffective teachers. This explains why we don't get many angry parents! A strong staff leads to a strong school and happy boys and parents. In my view parents send us the best boys they can raise! It is up to us as teachers to build on this. At the end of the day it is not the newest programmes that make a school it is dedicated teachers that make a school great. We have dedicated teachers with an amazing reputation for caring for their charges. Most parents and boys come to Huntley because they have heard fantastic things about the school. As Headmaster my job is to set the tone for the school. If I fail to do this I have also failed the staff, parents and ultimately the boys. This is what drives me.

No comments:

Post a Comment